Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Art of Travel

It appears this is last film that I'm writing about. Oddly enough it was the first film I saw.

The Art of Travel has one of the my favorite scenes of the Festival. It's the shocking wedding scene at the beginning. Maybe shocking is a horrible word. Let's go with surprising. Either way, the surprise is hilarious. I do love me some good comedy.

But this movie then turns into a little bit of everything as we follow Conner Layne through South America. It's got some drama, adventure, comedy, romance, etc. Christopher Masterson (Malcolm in the Middle) plays Conner and is very good. I love it when the main character in the film is somebody I'm rooting for.

Director, Tom Whelan got this film right. Well that's good because he can't get my name right, he keeps calling me James. I'll find a way to get past that because his style and the feel of this picture made me really enjoy it. Although I may call him Steve just to even the score a little. In fact, anyone that runs into Tom at the Festival, call him Steve for me and tell him that it's from James.

Go check out this film. It's a beautiful picture with a good story and good cast. That's reason enough for me. Count me in!

No comments: