Sunday, March 30, 2008

Remarkable Power!

Remarkable Power! is a comedy with a very strong cast. It features Kevin Nealon, Tom Arnold. Christopher Titis, Kip Pardue and Dule Hill.

The film simply put is about a late night talk show host's plan to deal with his wife's infidelity, but this comedy is much more complex than that. There are tons of twists and turns and it's truly an ensemble cast. The film takes roughly 10 characters or so and ....

Well damn. I almost gave away a couple of key plot points. Good thing for the delete key or I would have been the Despised Festival Director. I can't quite figure out how to describe the fun about this film without giving away stuff.

While the film isn't the type of knee-slapping comedy, it's a more consistent comedy with funny business throughout and a great build to it. I can say there's a murder or two in it. I don't think that gives anything away. My favorite part of this film is a character named Moses in it that really cracked me up. He uses my favorite word of an Festival film, but I can't say what it is!!

Fun Festival fact. Evan Peters who is in the film won a Phx Film Fest Copper Wing Award back in 2004 for Breakthrough Performance in Clipping Adam.

So if you want to relax and have a good laugh check this one out. Who doesn't like to laugh? Well I suppose really angry people don't like to laugh. Well I'm not a fan of really angry people, so screw 'em.

No comments: